We value you as a customer and take the protection of your personal privacy very seriously. At Haulers, we respect your right to privacy, and will treat your information responsibly. We will inform you of our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing private customer information the first time we do business and every year that you are a Haulers customer.
We collect and may share private customer information about you. We may share this information now or in the future. We do this to enable us to serve you and to help us to identify you as our customer or our former customer, to process your policy and requests quickly, to pay your claim or tell you about products or services we believe you may want and use.
We may share private customer information about you to the following types of third parties not related to us:
- Information from you – When submitting your application or other forms, giving telephone or in-person interviews, requesting an insurance quote, or through your agent, you may give us information such as your name, address, social security number, driver’s license number, date of birth, gender, marital status, prior insurance information, vehicle descriptions, miles driven and vehicle use, other drivers, and driving history;
- Information about your transactions – We may keep information about your transactions with us, companies related to us, or others, for example your policy coverage, premiums, claims history, payment history, account balances, information necessary for payment and billing, and claim documents;
- Information we receive from a company not related to us We also may collect other information. This may include information from consumer reporting agencies such as your motor vehicle reports, claims history reports, credit scores, credit history, or employment.
We Share Information for Legal and Routine Business Reasons. We may also share private customer information about you to third parties not related to us as permitted by law. For example, we may share information with government regulators and law enforcement agencies. We may provide information to protect against fraud. We may report account activity to credit bureaus. We may share information with your consent. We may give account information about your transactions with us to service providers who work for us.
- Financial service providers, such as automobile insurers and insurance agents;
- Non-financial companies, such as direct marketers; and
- Others, such as non-profit organizations.
If you prefer that we not share private customer information about you to third parties not related to us, you may stop those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than the disclosures permitted by law shown above). If you wish to stop disclosures to third parties not related to us, you may complete and return the form shown below the perforation as directed by the form. You have the right to access all personal information collected and correct any errors.
We restrict access to private customer information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your private customer information.
Occasionally Haulers must collect private personal health information about you to provide a product or to pay a claim. Haulers does not use or share this information, internally or externally for any purpose except the following:
If more than one person is shown as a named insured under this policy, only one named insured on that policy will receive this notice, though any policyholder may request a copy of this notice. You may receive more than one copy of this notice if you have more than one policy with Haulers.
- Underwriting insurance;
- Administering your policy, account, or claim;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As otherwise authorized by you.
If your customer relationship with Haulers is terminated, we will continue to treat and safeguard your private customer information and private health information as described in this notice.